Grumbly Tuesday

Yesterday was a busy but productive day at work. I came home, with plans to work for about an hour on a task and then to work on some homework for class. Alas, God had other plans… My daughter was feeling really icky, so I took her to the doctor. After two hours at the doctor’s office, we came home with a diagnosis of “maxillary sinus infection” and a bottle of augmentin. She’s staying home from school today, and I’m telecommuting to be with her. She’s having an unfortunate reaction to the antibiotic, but I understand that usually passes in a day or two. In the meantime, she’s getting lots of rest, homemade smoothies, and TLC.

This is not what I’m thankful for. Last night, in our two hours at the doctor’s office, Becca and I got really bored and really sleepy. Since we spend time playing on the Horrible Haiku blog, we’ve begin automatically noticing which phrases have 5 or 7 syllables. And last night, as we waited (and waited and waited), we started conversing in haiku. It was fun and silly and goofy and wonderful. I love my girl, and even though she was sick and we both had places we would rather have been last night, I treasured that wonderfully silly, fun, goofy time with her.

I’m also thankful for the welcome from RevGalBlogPals, and all the lovely people who stopped by yesterday. It was great to see you, and I appreciate your messages in the comments section. I’ll be by to visit each of you (if I haven’t been already). Thank you!


2 thoughts on “Grumbly Tuesday

  1. 🙂
    When my kids were little, I always had a pack of crayons in my purse. If we had a long wait at the doctor’s office, I’d take out the crayons, and they would decorate that strip of paper that goes over the bed. I made very sure they never colored OFF of the paper, but it helped pass the time.

    Poor kid got sick from the first antibiotic. I called the doctor after the second upchuck, and the third came while I was on hold. They called in a scrip for a different antibiotic for us, and she seems a little better this morning. She’s going to try school today, and has permission to go to the nurse and call for a rescue if she needs it. She’s quite a trooper.

    I felt worst for her when the doctor was trying to listen to her breathing. Each time he touched the stethoscope to her back, she flinched violently. Her back is still ultra-sensitive after her surgeries in November and December.


Comments are closed.